Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

 

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

If there's one actress who has consistently topped box office charts in recent years, it has to be Trisha. She is a known name across South India and has bagged numeous awards for her performances. Trisha is now all set to invade Bollywood with her first release in Hindi, 'Khatta Meetha'. 

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

Trisha Krishnan was born on May 4, 1983.

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

She made her debut in the Tamil film, 'Jodi' (1999).

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

Her ticket to fame was 'Mounam Pesiyadhe' opposite Surya.

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

She won the 2002 Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for her role in 'Mounam Pesiyadhe'.

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

She won the 2004 South Filmfare Best Actress Award for her role in the Telugu hit, 'Varsham'.

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

She was Miss Beautiful Smile at the Miss India beauty pageant in 2001.

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

She starred in Falguni Pathak's music album, "Meri Chunar Ud Ud Jaye".

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

Her last Tamil release 'Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa' was a super-hit.

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

She is all set to make her debut in Bollywood with 'Khatta Meetha'.

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

Priyadarshan on Trisha: "Trisha is my baby. I discovered her while doing an ad film and cast her in my 'Lesa Lesa'. I did not consider her as a great artiste at that time, but over the years, she has made me proud with her achievements. In 'Khatta Meetha', she's stepping into a role done by Shobhana, one of the finest actresses in India. After watching the first copy, I'm convinced that Trisha has done justice to her role."

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

Trisha's next Tamil film is 'Manmadhan Ambu' with Kamal Haasan and Madhavan.

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

Trisha on working with Kamal in 'Manmadhan Ambu': "It has been my dream to work with him and it turned out to be a great learning experience. He discusses every detail about my role and rehearses with me."

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

She shares admirable on-screen chemistry with Vijay, Vikram and Siddharth.

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

Trisha on Tollywood: "Telugu stars and filmmakers have treated me like a queen and I can't live without their love and adulation."

Spotlight: Trisha Krishnan

Says Trisha: "I am a middle-class working girl in Chennai, Hyderabad or Mumbai and after work I hang out with close friends at coffee shops and pubs. If that makes me a party animal, so be it. I like to live my life on my terms. The last few months have been so hectic that I've hardly had any time to breathe. As a young professional I need to unwind too. Surely no one can grudge me that."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment